Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Arctic's Mint Smoothie

The title of this post might make you wonder. It might not. Depends on who you are I suppose. Honestly, I couldn't come up with something to name it and resorted to the lip balm I'm currently using. Not only is it minty fresh, but it has a polar bear in snowshoes and a scarf on the side of it. Now even my lips smell like Christmas. I love Lip Smackers. And arctic polar bears.

In other news, I am now finished with classes until February. I had my one and only exam today as well as my last English stories being due. This last weekend was filled with lots of studying and trying to study. I wasn't as frazzled as I thought I'd be, although last night there was plenty of talking to myself and staring hard at the computer screen. Sometimes one has to force the words to show. Fortunately, my characters told me what to do and I finished the stories and I was able to squeeze in a bit more studying for my sociology exam.

When I got to the hall where the exam was being held, and we all filed in --if 400 people can 'file'--I was happy to see that all my revising had paid off. The essay questions were relatively simple, which I was really happy to see. This exam counts for 50% of my grade in the class, and while I pulled off a B on the paper (the other 40% of the class) I still really wanted to do well. It was my first time taking a sociology class like this, and overall I think it went pretty well. I guess when I get my final marks back, we'll see for sure what "pretty well" really means.

Now that I don't have to worry about any more tests, it becoming a test of sheer willpower to hold back my excitement over the arrival of Lady Amy!!! I know its been only about three months since we last saw each other at the airport, but I think the distance makes it feel even longer. She is due to arrive in the UK, though, this upcoming Saturday or Sunday and I'm so anxious to see her. It feels like the beginning to the story What Do You Get When You Give Two Anglophiles Access to the UK? If that story hasn't been written, it ought to be. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie made it to the publishers, this one stands a good chance.

Once Amy arrives via Manchester, I'm going to meet up with her in Edinburgh. From there we'll head back up to Stirling together to stay for a few days. Just thinking about it gives me tingles. And not just from the cold weather. There's already enough of that. After our stay in Scotland, we will once again head down the island back to Manchester. Amy's Aunt Gretchen is throwing a bit of get-together and we're going to make sure and be in attendance. Amy is due to head back to the states the 21st or 22nd I believe (sad, sad day...), where upon her absence I have the privilege of staying with her aunt and uncle and cousins for the holiday. They're always a pleasure to see in the summer back at home, and I'm looking forward to spending time with them. After Christmas, the travel plans will really begin to set in.

The 26th of December I am set to fly from Manchester to Germany to see cousin Niccole. It's been around nine months since I've last seen her, which means this journey is WAY overdue. I'll be there through the New Year and up until the 8th of January. After that I'm flying back to Scotland to hopefully see Tim--one of my good friends from home. He's taking his winter vacation abroad this year, so it will be good to see him as well. Around the 11th or 12th, Lisa is set to return to Scotland as well (she's flying home for the first part of break). Once she gets to Stirling, we will be leaving for Paris, France!! I've already started browsing her guidebook to see what adventures await us. The Notre Dame Cathedral is at the top of my list. Maybe I'll find Quasimodo and give him a hug. The guy needs one.

After spending around five days in France, Lisa and I will then be flying for Italy. First on the list is Milan, where we will spend a few days, before heading for Venice, Florence, Pisa, and finally Rome. By that point, it will be the end of January and Lisa and I will be flying back to Scotland. Sam tells me I'm not going to want to come back to Scotland after being in Italy. I think I'll be able to make it work okay, but what do I know. I haven't been there yet. I do know, though, that I'm going to remember this trip for years to come. It's not everyday you get to spread your footprints throughout the European Continent. It's sort of like the Bubonic Plague, but with much, much better consequences and minus the whole death thing.

That about fills up my plate for the next couple of months. I've got my knife, fork, and spoon and I'm ready to go. Just have to find a napkin first and things will be in place. I'll be posting as much as I can throughout the travels, so keep your online eye ready! Unfortunately, I found out that my camera is going to have to stay......sort-of broken......so we'll see how the pictures go. I'm going to be bringing along my video camera, so not all is lost. As long as I keep it away from my back pocket and rocks, my video camera may just keep liking me. We'll see how it goes.

Lots of Arctic Mint Smoothie kisses and love~~
xxoo

No comments: